Friday, June 5, 2009

New Marathon Personal Best! 3:20:23

I am starting to see the results of my training as I posted a new personal best at the Calgary Marathon beating my previous time by almost 20 minutes! I ran across the finish line at 3:20:23, less than 10 minutes shy of qualifying for the Boston Marathon. I could have qualified if I had not worn the new pair of running shoes obtained by my new sponsor Strides Running Room only 2 weeks previous. New Zealand sized blisters appeared at the 21k marker and almost forced me to stop running for the day, but I decided to endure the pain and keep going. If it was not for the blisters, it would be the sore knees that eventually slowed me down to a 5:05 pace for the last 4-6km. My legs were starting to burn with lactate build up, and my Patellar Tendon started to act up due to the non broken in runners.

All in all it was an amazing finish, as I started to tear up, and I know if I had the proper runners, I would have posted a sub 3:20 marathon! I have signed up for the Royal Victoria Marathon in hopes of qualifying for the Boston Marathon.

The next few months will test my endurance and perseverance, and I am very much looking forward to all my training, and events in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment