Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Calgary Police Half Marathon


My intention for this race was to see how far my training has come over the last couple months by beating my personal best time of 1:40:13. My goal was to run at a 4:15km pace as long as possible with a completion time around 1:30:00. The first 5km were fast, I must have been running on pure adrenaline as my pace averaged around 3:50 - 4:00, I could beat my target time! The adrenaline soon faded, and the nasty cold that was still lingering decided to punch me in the lungs and nasal cavities. I completed the race with a disappointing time of 1:42:08 and lungs that were set on fire! If I had been over the cold, and not missed 4 days of training the week prior, I am confident that I would have beaten my personal best. My next goal is to set a new PB at the Calgary full Marathon (PB - 3:37:29) Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment